Re: Raspi2 emulation (bcm2835-fb works) but no keyboard and mouse/no net

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Raspi2 emulation (bcm2835-fb works) but no keyboard and mouse/no network
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 10:47:51 +0000

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 10:17, Peter Hanzel <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have played with Raspberry PI 2 emulation and successfully booted
> raspbian booster using qemu. I have patched qemu to add support for
> CPRMAN and modified bcm2709-rpi-2.dtb to get graphic output. But I am
> not able to login on this graphic output.
> So I added serial console and here I am able to login.
>
> I have tried to add virtio, usb or PCI device but this all fails to
> start qemu with virtio-bus not found , PCI not found for model -M
> raspi2.
>
> I am also not able to add netdevice.

Correct, this board does not model the raspi USB controller yet,
and networking on the board is connected via USB, so none of
networking or USB keyboard/mouse will work. The raspi hardware
also does not have PCI so the QEMU model doesn't support that
or virtio (which is usually via PCI).

> What combination can I use to get keyboard and mouse for graphic output.

You can't currently. You can use the graphics for output and
the serial terminal for a console.

thanks