[Qemu-discuss] How to use qemu monitor "system_powerdown" on virt Cortex

From: wojciech.st
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] How to use qemu monitor "system_powerdown" on virt Cortex-A57
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 09:39:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

I would like to send a shutdown signal from qemu monitor as if it would be a
physical button (power off button ).
I run the platform as follows
qemu-4.1.0/aarch64-softmmu/qemu-system-aarch64 -machine virt -cpu cortex-a57
-nographic -smp 1 -m 4096 -hda buildroot-2019.05.1/output/images/rootfs.ext3
-kernel linux-5.2.8/arch/arm64/boot/Image --append 'console=ttyAMA0
root=/dev/vda earlyprintk=serial'

I was trying the system_powerdown in the monitor but nothing happens.

I check the source code a little bit and found that there is some power down
functionality implemented in hw/arm/virt.c where the GPIO 3 is assigned to the
functionality.

So does anyone know how to use the power down functionality from qemu monitor ?

Regards,

Wojciech