[Qemu-discuss] qemu-sparc vs qemu-system-sparc

From: John Chludzinski
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-sparc vs qemu-system-sparc
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 17:43:46 -0400

I installed CentOS 7.6 then installed all things QEMU on my machine. I have
a SPARC image I need to bringing up in a VM. I've been using
*qemu-system-sparc*.

$ qemu-system-sparc -m 256 -hda solaris_v2-qemu_v2.2.0.disk -nographic
-bios ./openbios-sparc32

This is on a box on which I have Fedora-30 installed.

Can I use *qemu-sparc* to bring up my Solaris image:
*solaris_v2-qemu_v2.2.0.disk* ?

If so, how?

BTW, *qemu-sparc* come with (on CentOS 7.6):

$ sudo yum install qemu*

*PS> I've tried to install qemu-system-sparc on my CentOS box but ended up
in a never-ending whack-a-mole game of dependencies.*