Re: [Qemu-discuss] Provisioning a vm using qemu

From: Jaap Crezee
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Provisioning a vm using qemu
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 13:04:53 +0200

Hi Paulo,

On 2019-06-26 12:27, Paulo Matos wrote:
Hi,

With so many provisioning technologies out there I might be missing
something, however I would appreciate suggestions here.

For CI sakes, I would like to easily provision different OSes in
different architectures using qemu. Docker won't provide the different
archs and vagrant won't either. Qemu could potentially allow this.
Manually you could follow something like this:
https://gnu-linux.org/creating-a-qemu-system-image-and-working-with-it-using-ssh-login.html

I am pretty sure I am not the first wanting something like this so I
doubt there's no script or system out that that allows me to provision
this quickly and get me a shell on the system.

I would advise you to look into (ubuntu-)cloud-images & cloud-init.
https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/
https://cloud-init.io/

Good luck & regards,

Jaap Crezee