[Qemu-discuss] Question about incremental backup on raw disk

From: Zhan Adlun
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Question about incremental backup on raw disk
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 14:07:23 +0000

Hello,
     I use dirty bitmap to backup  raw disks. I export a full raw disk on the
first backup , then i export a qcow2 disk on the second incremental
backup.During the backup,the vm is running with several files writing to
disk(like 'cat /dev/urandom > file').  Then i mege the qcow2 disk to the raw
disk, it works and all the datas are ok. I donot know it's by chance or not
because a raw disk doesnot support COW feature. So could any tell me whether
is's ok to use dirty bitmap to do incremental backup? Thanks.