Re: [Qemu-discuss] RPM for 3.1.0

From: Dennis Clarke
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] RPM for 3.1.0
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 23:34:22 -0500

On 12/23/18 6:54 PM, stecdose wrote:
I just compiled qemu-3.1.0 this day on debian sid, works without problems so far...

Wish I could get those results.

How did you test? Did you just use a binary-distribution not targeted at your OS or did you compile from source? Which targets i386? arm? ...?

Compile from source.  I have detailed logs of the whole build process.
Everything looks just fine until I try to use it.

Such a misbehaviour is very serious if it is caused by a program. I don't want to blame you, but I suspect something went wrong before you started qemu-system-... that SIGSEGVed...

I am somewhat curious about these results also and I look at them with a
close eye.  The real issue is time to dig into the problems.  The exact
same guest machines ( ppc64, risc-v, x86_64 ) all work fine with the
2.12.1 packages on FreeBSD and 2.12.0 on Debian testing.

Any attempt ( thus far ) to build 3.1.0 qemu results in fairly
unsatisfactory results and that is with really trivial CFLAGS involved.
Certainly not strict c99 nor any debug gymnastics.

I'll look at this again after the holidays.

Dennis