Re: [Qemu-discuss] unstable qemu under Ubuntu (on Windows)

From: Fabrizio Caruso
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] unstable qemu under Ubuntu (on Windows)
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 08:15:52 +0000

Hi

Indeed I am using Windows subsystem for Linux where I run qemu.
The binaries are OK if run outside of Windows.

What is puzzling is that quemu does run well on some binaries under Windows
subsystem for Linux.
Is this a bug? Or are the random core dumps an expected behavior because there
is no support for nested virtualization?

Anyway, how can I run ELF Linux binaries under Windows?
Should I try a real virtual enviroment, e.g., VirtualBox? Does qemu run under
VirtualBox?

  Fabrizio