[Qemu-discuss] Does Anyone Know What The x86_64 Magic and Mask Are (For

From: Tom A
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Does Anyone Know What The x86_64 Magic and Mask Are (For binfmt_misc)?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 09:29:33 -0700

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully, I am posting in the right place. I normally don't use a mailing
list. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here knows what the magic and mask
values are for an x86_64 Linux binary file.

My goal is to run a chroot x86_64 environment on my aarch64 device. I can
use binfmt_misc to achieve my goal, but I need to know what the magic and
mask values are so that Linux knows the type of binary files should be
executed with qemu-x86_64-static.

I took a look at the qemu-binfmt-conf.sh
<https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/scripts/qemu-binfmt-conf.sh>, but
it only gives the values for i386 and i486 binary files.

Thank you for taking your time to read this,

Thomas A.