Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU fault injection

From: alarson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU fault injection
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 09:21:19 -0500

"Qemu-discuss" <address@hidden> wrote on
06/04/2018 07:36:12 AM:

> From: "sam atac" <address@hidden>
>
> I am wondering if anyone has any tips on how to go about injecting
memory
> faults for the purpose of checking the vaildity of a memory test.

I'm not one of the core qemu developers, but I have done some tweaks here
and
there, so take this appropriately.

If QEMU RAM doesn't have this capability already, I wouldn't mess with
trying
to manipulate memory, I'd create a new device that you could map at some
useful
location and manage on your own.  Unless, of course, you are trying to
emulate
the memory test features of some controller.