[Qemu-discuss] Device not tied to a QemuConsole.

From: José Pekkarinen
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Device not tied to a QemuConsole.
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 21:40:14 +0300

        Hi list,

        I'm currently toying around with vfio mediated devices in qemu, and I'm
having troubles defining a display through vnc for the mediated device. The
error in question is this:

qemu-system-x86_64: -display vnc=0:1,display=video.1: Failed to start VNC
server: Device video.1 (head 0) is not bound to a QemuConsole

        The qemu parameters are like this:

sudo qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -cpu host -smp 2,cores=1,threads=2 \
        -m 8G -mem-path /mnt/hugepages -vga qxl -display vnc=0:0 -display
vnc=0:1,display=video.1 \
        -device vfio-pci,id=video.1,sysfsdev=/sys/class/mdev_bus/0000:00:02.0/
$uuid,bus=pci.0,addr=06.0,rombar=0 \
        -netdev user,id=user.0,smb=/home/pekkari/share -device
e1000,netdev=user.0 \
        -device ich9-usb-uhci3,id=uhci -device usb-ehci,id=ehci -device nec-
usb-xhci,id=xhci \
        -device virtio-serial -device usb-tablet -device ich9-intel-hda -
device hda-duplex \
        -object input-linux,id=kbd,evdev=/dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-
serio-0-event-kbd \
        -chardev socket,path=/tmp/virtio-serial.sock,server,nowait,id=serial-
log \
        -device virtserialport,chardev=serial-log,name=ant.port.0 \
        -cdrom /home/pekkari/machines/win8/virtio-win-0.1.141.iso \
        -drive file=win8.img,format=raw,cache=none,aio=native,if=virtio

        This is piece of a script that sets uuid to a value, and the vm is a
windows 8.1 vm with RH qxl and intel qxl device driver.

        Previously I tried using spice, replacing all -displays with the
following:

        -spice port=5900,disable-ticketing

        The result was that just one display turn up, and intel was tied to a
non
pnp display that I wouldn't see. Switching the main display to it make the vm
almost unusable, as everything renders in the invisible display.

        Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

        José.