Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to stop `qemu-system-x86_64 ...` instead of `kill

From: Kai Peter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to stop `qemu-system-x86_64 ...` instead of `kill -9`?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:05:38 +0200

On 2017-07-12 12:29, Vincenzo Romano wrote:
I hate virsh/libvirt.

+1
+1

I use the qemu monitor commands via SSH.

But this surprised me. I simply write commands like "system_powerdown" to a
-monitor socket using socat. How can SSH be involved in this?
I don't use socat but writing to a monitor socket a "system_powerdown" is the (only?) way to shutdown the guest clean to me. By default I use 4 sockets to connect to the monitor - just in case ;-)

Using kill or quit goes into the direction of a crash of the guest.

The socket is local (TCP over 127.x.y.x) and I connect only with SSH
to the QEMU host.
If needed, I add a TCPForward from my station to that socket.

--
Sent with eQmail-1.10