[Qemu-discuss] pass bluetooth device to vm as non-root users

From: jsl6uy js16uy
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] pass bluetooth device to vm as non-root users
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:43:56 -0600

Hello all, and hope all is well

Is there any way to pass a bluetooth device to a vm running as non-root? Hoping there is a device group I can be a part of?
I'm running an android image and launching via qemu, I guess obvious since I'm here ;). As root and passing the below options along with normal qemu args/switches my android vm can see bluetooth devices
-usb -usbdevice host:xxxx:yyyy -bt hci,host

I should state this is a laptop and I'm attempting to leverage the intel bluetooth off the mobo....so hci0, in my case

regards all
thanks in advance