[Qemu-discuss] input-linux: too much input to process?

From: Tmplt
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] input-linux: too much input to process?
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 01:01:12 +0100

It seems that when a lot of buttons are pressed and held, and when a lot
of mouse movement is required, the VM will at times think a button is
still pressed when it's not. I've also notices that some inputs are
incorrect. This is very noticable in FPS games, where I'll end up
strafing forever or aiming when I'm not supposed to.

Is it possible that all this input takes a toll on qemu, and makes it
process it incorrectly/with delay? I'm unfortunately not well versed in
how input-linux works.

Have any of you stumbled upon this?

This occurs in a Windows 8.1 VM. I'm running qemu 2.8.0 via libvirt
2.4.0. Within the .xml-file, I have the following:

    <qemu:arg value='-object'/>
    <qemu:arg
value='input-linux,id=kbd,evdev=/dev/input/by-id/usb-04d9_USB_Keyboard-event-kbd,grab_all=yes,repeat=yes'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-object'/>
    <qemu:arg
value='input-linux,id=mouse,evdev=/dev/input/by-id/usb-La-VIEW_CO._QPAD_Gaming_Mouse-event-mouse'/>

The mouse is a Qpad 5k, and the keyboard is a WASD Keyboard V2.

Omitting 'repeat=yes' does not fix the issue, but (as expected) both
mouse and keyboard behave as they should when used via usb-forwarding.

Cheers.