[Qemu-discuss] question about QEMU configuration and build process

From: Kevin Wilson
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] question about QEMU configuration and build process
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 10:29:57 +0200

Hi,

I try to build qemu on x86_64 platform from source with qemu-2.2.0
from the official website, http://wiki.qemu.org/download/
I ran "./configure" and make.
when I try to run qemu-system-x86_64 binary with "-vga qxl"
I got:
Error: QXL VGA not available
When I ran:
./configure --help | grep -i qxl
I got nothing.

Any ideas what should I do so that the "-vgs qxl" option will be available ?

Apart from it, when I try using the "-vga qxl" with qemu-system-x86_64
binary from a qemu Ubuntu package, it succeeds.
Is there a way to know which were the configuration options which were
chosen for a given qemu-system-x86_64 binary ?

More sepcifically, I am talking about the following quemu package:
qemu-system-x86_64 -version
QEMU emulator version 2.2.0 (Debian 2:2.2+dfsg-5expubuntu8+contrail3),
Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

Regards,
Kevin