Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-system-x86_64 hangs in 1024 x 768 Graphic mode w

From: Shiyao Ma
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-system-x86_64 hangs in 1024 x 768 Graphic mode when using -curses
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 19:48:10 +0800

Hi Kevin,

I met the same problem and posted in the mailing list like 10 days ago.

You can check the mailing list archive.

Briefly, two points should be kept in mind.

1. the grub should be boot in text mode, disable the framebuffer.

2. the qemu command should be with, -curses -vga virtio
    the -vga virtio is important.  of course, YMMV.

Good luck!