|Subject:||[Qemu-discuss] sharing files between host and guest|
|Date:||Wed, 2 Nov 2016 20:03:19 +0000|
I'm new to QEMU and was able to pull the latest stable version and build it. I downloaded a simple test arm image that I found in one of the docs - arm-test-0.2.tar.gz and was able to run that w/o any problems.
I grabbed the appropriate corss compiler tool chain for the ARM device supported by that image, wrote and compiled a simple program. Now I want to load that program on the device, but I can't find a simple method of shareing files between the host and guest.
This seems to be a pretty basic requirement, but the instructions I've found in the docs are not working for me. I've tried multiple options and am stuck at this point. Here is a summary of what I tried:
1. qemu-img to create an raw image, and mount that to the host
- was able to mount an image formated w/mkfs.ext4
- not able to mount one partitioned with fdisk, tried many different offsets
- not able to format a file image partitioned with fdisk
2. unable to mount anything to the arm-test image other than the -initrd arm_root.img that was provided
- tried many combinations of -hda, -drive and -device, eg.
sudo qemu-ifup tap0 qemu-system-arm -kernel zImage.integrator -initrd arm_root.img -machine integratorcp -net nic -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no,downscript=no sudo qemu-ifdown tap0
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|