Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to set the network card for qemu to use?

From: Miroslav Rovis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to set the network card for qemu to use?
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 10:25:15 +0200

On 161016-10:51+0300, Aleksei wrote:
> > Esp. from the screencast at:
>
>  >
> http://localhost/CroatiaFidelis/foss/cap/cap-161015-qemu-devuan/Screen_161016_0501_g0n.webm

That was my local-only Apache. Sorry (it's sleeplessness and
headaches...)! It translates into:
http://www.CroatiaFidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-161015-qemu-devuan/Screen_161016_0501_g0n.webm

> > it is clear qemu still wants to use eth0.
>
> If that last fullscreen log is Devuan's - then no, that last *eth0*
> interface is *inside* the VM. Devuan sets up his own default eth0. Btw,
> you're posting links to localhost :)
Really thanks! I almost went abandoning trying eth1 anymore.

> If you don't have a cable connected to eth1 interface on the host, then
> naturally Devuan can't get IP address via DHCP (on Devuan's eth0).
The cable is connected though. I have it in front of me, the router's
light of the connection whenever I connect.

And one more of your kind emails to go.

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia