Re: [Qemu-discuss] [Qemu-devel] Virtio-net cli parameters

From: Pradeep Kiruvale
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] [Qemu-devel] Virtio-net cli parameters
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:11:27 +0200

Hi Stefan,

On 28 September 2016 at 10:29, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 05:41:55PM +0200, Pradeep Kiruvale wrote:
> I want to add couple of new cli options for the virtio-net driver and use
> them inside the
> virtio-net driver to throttle the packets. I did go through the code and
> did single stepping
> using the gdb, but still could not find the place where the virtio-net
> parameters are getting
> parsed and populated into the virtio-net structures.
> Could some one please guide/suggest where to look into, in qemu code base?

Take a look at virtio_net_properties[] in hw/net/virtio-net.c.

These variables/properties are static variables. What I am looking about is
how can I pass a cli option from qemu into virtio-net driver.

I am looking at these options because I would like to implement the throttling to
virtio-net using the throttle APIs that are available in side the qemu.

Regards,
Pradeep