[Qemu-discuss] How to emulate vmx feature in qemu?

From: Parfait Tokponnon
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] How to emulate vmx feature in qemu?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 23:33:36 +0100

Hello

I read from here that vmx capability support on quemu must be explicitely enable by providing +vmx option to the command but the probllem is that it does not seem to work. In my system, VMX feature is still undetected.

Command:

qemu-system-x86_64 -no-kvm -cpu qemu64,+vmx,-svm  ...

In my guest OS, when I execute cpuid 1 I get ECX = 0x80802001; bit 5 = 0 meaning that my virtual CPU does not have VMX.

Is this a bug ?

Or there is other way to enable vmx feature in qemu?

--
Parfait T.