Re: [Qemu-discuss] Understanding QEMU Cache Modes and Emulated Disk Writ

From: Dominique Ramaekers
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Understanding QEMU Cache Modes and Emulated Disk Write Cache
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 13:32:32 +0000

Hi there,

This is a very interesting discussion in which I was reminded on the different
cache modes.

I have a supplementary question dough.

Sometimes if I change the cache mode of a guest system disk, the guest won't
work
properly (it hangs, crashes,...). Never yet with a nix system but It happens
with Windows
guests.

Does anyone has experience with changing the cache mode on disks in Windows
guest?

Greetings,

Dominique.