[Qemu-discuss] VGA passthrough AMD reset problem

From: Peter Kasza
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] VGA passthrough AMD reset problem
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 17:36:59 +0200

Hi all,

I'm doing VGA passthrough with qemu (v2.6.0) using a Hawaii GPU (r290x).

Unfortunately my setup is affected by the infamous AMD reset bug ie. I
can use the GPU in the guest OS only once after resetting the host.

I'm not sure why I get this since qemu already includes a quirk for my
video card.
(see: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-04/msg03128.htm)

Does anyone else have this problem? If so did you find a
workaround?

Any help is appreciated.

--
Best Regards,