Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU with kvm give "Guest has not initialized the dis

From: Nutaro, James J.
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU with kvm give "Guest has not initialized the display"
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:14:48 +0000

Thanks for the quick response. I looked into this a bit more, and found that if
I build qemu-2.3 from source, the -enable-kvm option works; everything runs
fine. Any later version, it fails. I also noticed that qemu-2.3 is what is
available via the Ubuntu 15.10 distribution that I am using. Compiling source
from the git repository, I found that qemu never returns from an ioctl call
that hands control over to kvm. Specifically, it stalls on th call

kvm_vcpu_ioctl(cpu,KVM_RUN,0);

in the function kvm_cpu_exec.

It doesn't stall on the first call to this function, but rather after a score
or so.

Is there possibly a KVM versioning mismatch? Any ideas?

Jim