Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to add a new type device into qemu and make vms r

From: Alex
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to add a new type device into qemu and make vms recognize it
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 19:08:24 +0300

Have you looked at PCI pass-through? It seems more related to what you're trying to accomplish than virtio drivers.

/--Regards, Alex/

On 22/06/16 18:02, wukunhenggo wrote:
Hello,

I have a new DAQ(data acquisition) card, which can speed up special data
calculation, and its driver in linux. Now, I want to write something
like a "virtio-daq":  VMs can recognize this device in guest side(like
/dev/daq) and use read/wirte operation to get data processed by host.
And host can receive those request and data from guest VMs. Then  host
sends data to responsed VMs respectively.

In fact, I have read virtio-blk.c and virtio-console.c in kernel code.
But I still fall into confusion. I have some question about device
emulation in qemu:
1. How to add new virtio device. The probe function of virtio driver
should be triggered when OS detects this device.
2. How to know which guest VM sends requests to host. For example, VM1
and VM2 send requests, which include data. How does host distinguishs
which request is sent by VM1?

Have any guide for me?
Thanks a lot!
Sent from YoMail <http://www.yomail.com/?utm_source=signature>