Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu for running Solaris Sparc 8 or earlier on x86 ba

From: Jim Jarvie
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu for running Solaris Sparc 8 or earlier on x86 based Host Machine (Linux or Windows machine)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 15:47:15 +0100

Here's some notes I'd done about 2.6. http://kb.networksystemssolutions.info/index.php/Sparc_Virtualization

You need a legitimate copy of Solaris CD - I don't recommend using some random Solaris download.

You can image your Sparc system disk by transferring it to another machine (e.g. your Linux server - it does not need to be a Sparc system) and using dd to take the image. You may need to alter the example to match the correct Sparc system you have, if it's not a SS-20).

Jim