Re: [Qemu-discuss] Problem with sharing a folder between guest and host

From: Mahmood Naderan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Problem with sharing a folder between guest and host
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 15:09:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I want to be sure that windows guest will be installed correctly. So, I used the following option while trying to install Windows XP from an ISO file

-fda /home/mahmood/qemu-vm/virtio-win-0.1.102_amd64.vfd

With that I expect to install virtio, so that I can later use

-net user,smb=/home/mahmood -net nic,model=virtio

P.S: You said that -net is obsolete and I have to use -device and -netdev. Can you explain what is the equivalent of the previous command in the new version? I searched but actually I am not quite sure about that.

Regards,
Mahmood