[Qemu-discuss] Problem with sharing a folder between guest and host

From: Mahmood Naderan
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Problem with sharing a folder between guest and host
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:55:26 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I have read that it is possible to use SAMBA to share a folder between a Linux host and a Windows guest., The command I use is

qemu -m 2048 -hda winx64.img -boot d -usbdevice tablet -enable-kvm -vnc :10 -net user,smb=/home/mahmood -net nic,model=virtio

Here are the problems:

1) What IP address should I enter in the Map network Drive? (I mean \\??.??.??.??\mahmood)

2) There is no internet connection within the guest with that command.

3) I can not access the shared folder.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Mahmood