Re: [Qemu-discuss] Booting GUI ubuntu VM on Aarch64

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Booting GUI ubuntu VM on Aarch64
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:51:56 +0000

On 15 February 2016 at 10:04, Yehuda Yitschak <address@hidden> wrote:
> From what I can gather it looks like QEMU is not generating a screen for the
> guest to work with. I understood that QEMU uses SDL to start a screen for
> the guest but I suspect that doesn’t happen for some reason. Also the fact
> that the Qemu window start in the console instead of SDL view looks strange.

An AArch64 VM will have no graphical display device, only a serial
console. The QEMU window shows graphics/monitor/serial in that order,
so if there's no graphics then the next up is monitor.

The expectation is that these are for server work so no graphics
device is expected or required typically.

thanks