Re: [Qemu-discuss] Building a Linux Arm disk

From: Dale R. Worley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Building a Linux Arm disk
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 10:31:50 -0500

Jerry Stuckle <address@hidden> writes:
> I can get Ubuntu cross-compiled (at least no errors), but can't get it
> to load in QEMU.  Can anyone point me at a procedure that actually works
> where I can get Linux installed?  Note that part of this project
> includes device drivers, so I will need the Linux headers available.

If I understand you correctly, you want to load Ubuntu into a Qemu ARM
system.  It would seem like the easiest way to do that is get a
pre-built Ubuntu-for-ARM image and follow its installation
instructions.  The biggest problem would be whether the overall system
presented by Qemu is compatible with Ubuntu system you're trying to
install.

Have you found any Ubuntu-for-ARM mailing lists?  I think they could
provide you with information about what sort of (simulated) hardware the
pre-built Ubuntu images need.  There is at least "ARM - Ubuntu Wiki" at
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM

Dale