Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to use qemu for non-interactive testing

From: Wink Saville
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to use qemu for non-interactive testing
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 15:08:49 +0000

I've tried that, but it didn't work. I believe its because I don't have ACPI initialized and enabled as I haven't got that far yet. If my guess is possibly correct, would you happen to know the minimum necessary instructions to initialize and enable ACPI?

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 4:29 AM Bodo Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015, Jakob Bohm wrote:

> By "manually" I meant that your outer test-automating program or script
> would do it by simply sending the appropriate "kill" message/signal,
> not that you as a human would have to sit at the console ready to hit
> ctrl+C.
>
> For qemu-system-i386 (and qemu-system-x86_64), you can use the same
> PC BIOS request used by the Linux kernel when someone runs the "halt"
> command line program.  You should be able to find that somewhere in
> the Linux kernel source code.
>
> For qemu-i386 (and any of the other non-system qemu interpreters)
> simply doing a normal program exit should do the trick.

It's
outw( 0xB004, 0x0 | 0x2000 );

http://forum.osdev.org/viewtopic.php?t=16990