[Qemu-discuss] Super important feature req: QEMU VNC server: Introduce a

From: Mikael
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Super important feature req: QEMU VNC server: Introduce a keyboard "norepeat" option! (Also as bug #1502884)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 20:43:45 +0800

Just posted https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1502884 , my bug description is:

Hi,

A big issue when using QEMU's VNC server (VNC KVM) is that, when there's a network lag, unintended keypresses go through to the QEMU guest VM.

This is frequently "enter" keypresses, causing all kinds of unintended consequences in the VM. So basically it's extremely dangerous.

This is because the VNC protocol's keyboard interaction is implemented in terms of key down - key up events, making the server's keyboard autorepeat kick in when it should not.

For this reason, it would be great if QEMU's VNC server part would be enhanced with an option such that when a VNC protocol key down is received, then locally that is treated as one single keypress only (I don't know how that should be implemented but I guess either as an immediate key down - key up sequence locally, or key down + key up after say 0.05 seconds), instead of waiting for the key up event from the VNC client.

What I request seems to be the same option as x11vnc's "-norepeat", http://linux.die.net/man/1/x11vnc .

Thanks!