Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu-system-sparc: What would I need to change to add

From: Jakob Bohm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu-system-sparc: What would I need to change to add functionality to save the nvram content between boots ?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 16:56:21 +0200

On 14/09/2015 16:49, Peter Maydell wrote:
On 14 September 2015 at 15:44, Jakob Bohm <address@hidden> wrote:
On 14/09/2015 11:33, Peter Maydell wrote:
Rather than reinventing the wheel I suggest looking at how QEMU
already supports file-backed ROMs for other platforms...

Note that this is about *writable* persistent memory,
such as the non-time battery backed registers in a PC
clock or the thing that stores EFI BIOS variables such
as those holding Linux crash dumps.

Yep. We already support flash backed by a block device
for x86 and ARM.

Then using that on SPARC would be much closer to solving the OPs
problem than trying to create new code based on mmap(), ROM loading
code etc.

Enjoy

Jakob