Re: [Qemu-discuss] Guest fails to reconnect after host network goes down

From: Jakob Bohm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Guest fails to reconnect after host network goes down
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 23:51:46 +0200

On 27/08/2015 18:26, Vlad Yasevich wrote:
On 08/27/2015 12:13 PM, Davide Baldini wrote:

I just looked and Debian7 is very old and has 3.2 kernel.  Any chance to try with
something a bit more modern?
FYI: Debian has very long release cycles (years between
releases), and Debian 8 was released only sometime during
2015 (and was obviously premature, for example DNS
resolver config is broken out of the box on any network
with both IPv4 and IPv6, unlike in previous releases).

Debian 6 is still supported with LTS updates, while
Debian 7 receives even more updates.  It isn't bleeding
edge, because it aims for stability and safety.

Now I don't know if Mr. Baldini is in a position to
update to Debian 8 at this time, but just wanted to
clear up the mistaken belief that "Debian 7 is very
old".

Enjoy

Jakob