[Qemu-discuss] How to have dedicated IP for guest (that can't be used by

From: Васил Рангелов
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] How to have dedicated IP for guest (that can't be used by the host)?
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 01:32:45 +0300

Hi.

As part of testing an application, I need to set up a network between the
host and the VM so that they can both be accessed from the host on the same
ports via different IPs. This can be done easily with VirtualBox (and I've
already done it...) but I need to do it with Qemu instead, as the tests
should eventually be ran on Travis-CI, which (if a few articles I've seen
are to be believed) can be ran in that environment, while VirtualBox can't.

How can this be done?

I managed to successfully use
```
"-netdev" "user,id=user.0 ,hostfwd=tcp::38728-:8728" "-device"
"virtio-net,netdev=user.0"
```
to set up port forwarding from a localhost port to the VM, but the tests
themselves require the same port on both host and VM, so that's not a
feasible solution :-/ .

I should note that my personal host OS is Windows Server 2008 R2, with IIS
being the server that occupies the ports on the host. On Travis-CI, I'd of
course be using Apache as an equivalent, but the point is the setup should
be as cross platform as possible (if possible at all...), so that the
application can be tested reliably on both hosts.

Regards,
Vasil Rangelov