Re: [Qemu-discuss] Virtual desktops network and port numbers

From: Lucio Crusca
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Virtual desktops network and port numbers
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 10:34:08 +0200

Il 29/05/2015 20:32, Tony Su ha scritto:
  The way I understand it,

The port number is only critical for display mapping which would be
particularly important if all Guests are deployed on the same machine,
the machines are sharing the Host's IP address and you are logged into
the Host wanting to view any/all Guests.

I'm afraid I either haven't understood or haven't explained my problem clearly enough (maybe both). None of the guests will share the host IP address, so ok, they can all use the same port number. However the problem now turns to be: how does remote-viewer become aware of the correct IP address for Joe's guest? In other words the problem only moved from the port number to the IP address, but it's just the same as before.

Today Joe sits at client9. client9 is displaying "Enter your username and password". Joe types in "joe, mysecretpass". remote-viewer authenticates Joe via SPICE. Here is the problem! What IP address should remote-viewer contact in order to authenticate Joe and display his guest?