Re: [Qemu-discuss] Cross Building QEMU for Aarch64

From: Yehuda Yitschak
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Cross Building QEMU for Aarch64
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 12:13:43 +0000

Hi Jacob

It's missing. I tried downloading the aarch64 compiler from Ubuntu 13.04  but
that toolchain is also missing zlib

> Look at the failing lines in the configure scripts and try to figure out
> where it
> looks for zlib.h and ( zlib.so.* or zlib.a.*), or if it simply does a test
> compile/link of a dummy program that referenceszlib.

It does the latter. It passes -lz as linker flags and it fails.
I ran with --disable-zlib-test and managed to get a bit further but then I
failed on "ERROR: glib-2.12 gthread-2.0  is required to compile QEMU"

I found this very old bug where  it suggested to use open-embedded but I'm
looking for something simpler.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-oe/+bug/1097561

Thanks a lot

Yehuda