[Qemu-discuss] Virtual Smartcard GPG

From: roky
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Virtual Smartcard GPG
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:22:25 +0000

Hi. I am trying to get a virtual smartcard attached to a vm but I want it to use GPG instead of NSS. RedHat focuses on NSS because of PKCS#11 requirements and FIPS approval, but for most of the community its GPG that matters for smartcards.

Is is possible to use GPG on the host instead of NSS with virtual smartcards? Please document how or add support for it.

Is using a virtual smartcard make the host less secure from a rogue vm? If there are bugs in GPG/NSS backend on the host can they be abused by untrusted code in the vm?