[Qemu-discuss] A different way of networking

From: Gregor Szaktilla
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] A different way of networking
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 05:01:30 +0100

Hi there!

When I was looking around for some documentation on how to get qemu
networking I only found guides where bridges and/or VPNs were involved.

Since I didn‘t want to read another manpage concerning something I
probably won‘t need anywhere else and since I had the time to think
about how things usually work, I created „my“ setup and wrote down what
I did. Starting with my notes I wrote the documentation I was missing
when I was looking around for something helpful. My setup doesn‘t need
anything else than what comes with probably any Linux installation (no
bridge, no VPN etc.).

Another advantage of my setup is that all things are tied together with
iptables rules only. A disadvantage may be that every new independent
virtual machine sits in its own (sub)net.

If you want to make your qemu networking without having to set up
bridging and such, my (german) guide may be helpful:
http://html.szaktilla.de/qemu

If you have any comment or suggestion please let me know.

Have fun! That‘s an order :-)

Gregor