Re: [Qemu-discuss] How do i tell QEMU that memory i've have mapped is co

From: Peter Fillmore
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] How do i tell QEMU that memory i've have mapped is code?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 10:18:31 +1100

The setup code is <edited for brevity>:
        MemoryRegion *sysmem = get_system_memory();
        MemoryRegion *iap = g_new(MemoryRegion, 1);
        //create pointer for region
        memory_region_init_ram(iap, NULL, "vivotech.iap", 0x1000,&error_abort);
//init 0x1000 bytes of ram
        vmstate_register_ram_global(iap);
                                //register with qemu
        memory_region_add_subregion(sysmem, 0x7FFFFFF0, iap);
//add to the sysmem

I have also previous allocated 512KB of pflash at 0x00 and 64KB of RAM at
0x40000000

The code starts fine - i just get an access violation at 0x7FFFFFF0 when it
jumps to that point. Dumping memory contains the correct instructions.

Regards,
Peter Fillmore
Principle Consultant, CISSP
Payment Security Consulting