[Qemu-discuss] QEMU can execute an external executed image?

From: EricSong
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU can execute an external executed image?
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 17:48:54 +0800

Hi, Experts

   When QEMU execute one special instruction, whether an external executed image(Loaded to memory) can be executed at this moment or not? Simply, change GDT and related registers, then let CPUX86State->eip point to entrypoint of executed image. What happens?

Now the target system is reboot on my QEMU system in the case. What I want is the execution of image, even though the target system is reboot in the end.  Of course , it is better that the image can return to target system. But Is it feasible on QEMU?

In the real platform, it is feasible indeed, I am sure. But I don’t know how about QEMU.

Thanks

Best wishes,

Eric