Re: [Qemu-discuss] inspect an instruction inside the translation block

From: Ronen Meir
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] inspect an instruction inside the translation block
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 09:48:06 +0000

Hi, and thanks

Started using the singlestep option and I see single instruction per TB indeed.

We are using Qemu in user mode. We have a specific call to a branch that
evolves few LD and store instructions to be used for our system purposes.
Those instructions gets specific address space which is apparently outside the
program stack, (FFFFFFFC, FFFFFF8 and so on). Of course Qemu fails on
segmentation problem and core dump.
I've been trying to fetch the specific instructions just before Qemu translates
the to the machine/host code in order to prevent the segmentation, and to
implement our hooks.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Ronen