[Qemu-discuss] Paused guests burn cpu cycles?

From: David Yang
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Paused guests burn cpu cycles?
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:52:05 -0700

Was curious why even after pausing a kvm guest that the guest process would still show 1-2% cpu usage?

I know there are many articles that talk about how even when the guests show idle cpu, the guest process itself would show really high cpu usage (especially if the guest is windows) and I am seeing this as well.

But shouldn't a paused guest be doing nothing at all?  From my evaluation so far, the cpu usage is the same between an idle guest and a paused guest. ???

Can someone help?

Thanks,
David