Re: [Qemu-discuss] Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4 support

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4 support
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 19:19:51 +0100

On 6 October 2014 19:13, Jeshwanth Kumar N K <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am working on an Cortex-m4 chip from Atmel, was searching whether Qemu
> supports for that architecture.
>
> My question is, Qemu supported for Cortex-m3 and M4 architecture ? If not,
> is there any development is going on in these processors?

We support the Cortex-M3 but not the M4. You should also
be aware that the M profile support is somewhat undermaintained
and has some known bugs which are not likely to be fixed
in the near future (for instance our exception priority
handling is wrong and doesn't correctly do priority
escalation).

thanks