Re: [Qemu-discuss] Help with -kernel option (unable to mount root fs)

From: Martin Ichilevici de Oliveira
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Help with -kernel option (unable to mount root fs)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 02:36:59 -0300

Jakob,

Thanks for the quick reply, your comments helped me solve it. Analyzing
the grub config file in more details cleared it all, as it contained the
initrd image to use and the correct disk.

After copying the initrd to the host, I was able to boot the system with
the command below:

$ qemu-system-x86_64 -m 4G -hda image.img -kernel ./bzImage -initrd
./initramfs-3.17.0-rc5.img -append "root=/dev/mapper/centos-root console=ttyS0"
-nographic

> Enjoy

I sure will :)

Cheers,