Re: [Qemu-discuss] Native 32bit Windows Compile of QEMU 2.1.1 and/or QEM

From: Paul Gydos
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Native 32bit Windows Compile of QEMU 2.1.1 and/or QEMU 2.0.2
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 01:23:12 -0400

Yes - I've explored Vagrant and that is not thee solution for me - I believe that QEMU is what I want - the solution is to be available offline - they will be able to ssh into the virtual machine offline and the virtual machine will act as a server alr- In my case use I'm assuming no consistent internet access - Again - I'm looking for help to compile natively an up-to-date QEMU on Windows. Please respond if you have any current (2014 or late 2013) experience in doing this. Also it is important that the tools will be made a minimal size - that is why I'm not aiming to do this with Virtualbox or VMWare - and that is why the core I'm building it on is about 5MB, Unfortunately when I add the dependencies to the core for just git and python 2 it probably will be closer to 50MB and as far as I'm concerned that is too big.The philosophy is important which is the elimination over time of unnecessary code is more important even than the writing of the new code. So in the future this project will get into hacking the up-to-date linux kernel down by eliminating portions not needed for case use (as opposed to using an old kernel) and also discovering the ways to only include the elements of the QEMU code base that is necessary - Up-to-date (well except in the case of vi vs vim) and smaller (except in the case of using glibc instead of uclibc) and assuming off-line is the direction of this project. The exceptions have been thought through also. I have already decided on a design of QEMU as a virtual layer, 4MLinux Core (linux,busybox,and glibc) as the Core, and Python2 and Git as the Development Layer, there will also be 2 Applications added for both example and designed utility) - Right now I'm only looking for help in getting started with a Natively compiled QEMU build on Win7 32 bit which though perhaps most is difficult there are reasons why I've decided to start my exploration of QEMU from this angle.