Re: [Qemu-discuss] Linux read information from Qemu

From: Dale R. Worley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Linux read information from Qemu
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 08:55:48 -0400

> From: Peter Maydell <address@hidden>
>
> On 3 September 2014 12:05, 孙贝磊 <address@hidden> wrote:
> > How can Linux read the  information from Qemu, for example, the cache miss
> > rate.
>
> QEMU doesn't emulate caches and so we don't track
> statistics like cache miss rates at all.

Although I suppose you could add code to TCG to simulate a cache and
count hits/misses.  But you would need to know exactly the
configuration of the cache you are simulating.  Also, any timing
differences between the various threads in the workload will make the
simulated cache operation different from a real processor.

Dale