Re: [Qemu-discuss] Newbie: Running Solaris8/SPARC binaries / shared obje

From: Dennis Luehring
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Newbie: Running Solaris8/SPARC binaries / shared objects on x86-Linux Machines
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 19:05:52 +0200

Am 30.08.2014 16:09, schrieb Hartmut Rombach:
Hi there,
I am in charge of some hardware built back in the 1980th, which is controlled
by a SPARC computer under Solaris 8. Unfortunately this hardware has to survive
several more years. I want to replace the SPARC by a state-of-the art Linux /
x86 computer, but:
I don't have the source code for that old hardware, only some binaries and
shared object libs.

small binaries/shared objects? - what does this software control
it is maybe possible to reverse engineer the missing parts?