Re: [Qemu-discuss] Guest network performance is painfully slow

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Guest network performance is painfully slow
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 08:48:49 +0100

On 18 August 2014 07:09, Tony Su <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Unless someone says differently,
> I believe that doesn't change the likely fact that the main KVM is
> different than what you are doing and would perform much better.

No, Julio is correct. The KVM functionality was all merged
into upstream QEMU, and the separate qemu-kvm project
is now dead. If your qemu-kvm binary is not just
a wrapper script that runs qemu then it's probably an old
and out of date version that should be upgraded. The
wrappers are just to enable the KVM functionality, which
defaults to off in QEMU, so providing the -enable-kvm
command line option is equivalent.

In any case, if we were using emulation this would be
very obvious because everything would be slow, not just
network access.

I'm afraid I can't help with the network question, though.

thanks