[Qemu-discuss] Qemu user net not getting IP, occationally

From: Josh Powers
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu user net not getting IP, occationally
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 15:12:34 -0700

Hello All,

I am spinning up many QEMU instances at a time and occasionally one
will come up with eth0 (the default user net) not having an IP.  If I
do a restart from within the guest, in this case just a sudo reboot,
it always comes back up with an IP.  Now I am under the impression the
user net uses dhcp to give out the IP's to the guests but I dont
really know where to begin to track down why occasionally it fails to
give out an IP to one of the guests.

Any ideas?

Thanks!