[Qemu-discuss] virtio 9p unusable in my setup

From: Raphael Bauduin
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] virtio 9p unusable in my setup
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 16:15:29 +0100

Hi,

I'm using libvirt 1.2.1, qemu 1.7.0, the host is running the debian kernel 2.6.32-bpo.5-vserver-amd64.

I share a directory from the host in passthrough mode, which results in these arguments passed to qemu:

-fsdev local,security_model=passthrough,id=fsdev-fs0,path=/mnt/ManArea/test_shared/kvmItTools/var/www -device virtio-9p-pci,id=fs0,fsdev=fsdev-fs0,mount_tag=shared,bus=pci.0,addr=0x6

Accessing the shared directory from the guest is not working fine. Sometimes even mounting doesn't work and gives

mount: shared: can't read superblock

When it mounts, running an rsync hangs after a couple of files.

Anyone having suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Raph