[Qemu-discuss] qemu 1.6.1 on slackware 14.1

From: Jethro Tull
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] qemu 1.6.1 on slackware 14.1
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 19:07:22 +0000

Hi,

I compiled qemu 1.6.1 with spice, usbredir, and device-tree-compiler on
Slackware 14.1 with the SlackBuild script from slackbuilds.org.
I'm trying to run qemu-system-i386 to boot windows XP installation disk with
the following command line:
$ qemu-system-i386 --enable-kvm -cdrom winXPinstallCD.raw -boot order=d
winXP.img

where winXPinstallCD.raw is an iso image of windows XP installation CD, and
winXP.img is the virtual drive on which I will install windows XP.

Once run, the program shows the black screen saying the installation program is
investigating the hardware configuration of the system, and then shows a blue
screen and hangs.

I even tried to boot from a linux live CD with the following command line:
$ qemu-system-x86_64 --enable-kvm -cdrom slax_7_x86_64.iso -boot order=d

the result is the same as for qemu-system_i386 with windows XP.